Tuesday 14 February 2012

My Funny Valentine

To mark this special day on which lovers traditionally express their feelings for each other, you'll never guess what I received. No flowers. No chocolates. No romantic candlelit dinner either. No, my thoughtful, unconventional husband bought me a set of OS maps covering the Staffordshire Way. The only problem is, he bought these:




instead of these:



Landranger maps are scaled at 1:50 000. Explorer maps are 1:25 000. The beauty is in the detail. Make sure you get the bigger scaled maps, or better still, ask someone special to buy them for you.
(Details of the map(s) covering your particular section of the walk will be included in your resource pack.)

2 comments:

  1. Very nearly a brilliant Valentine's gift from Jimmy! But a useful post about the relative scales of the OS maps. With the weather set to get warmer, I'm looking forward to doing some reconnaissance for Trentham's Stage 4.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've now got the correct maps so the boy done good after all!

      Delete