Tuesday 7 February 2012

Baby It's Cold Outside

So, the weather may be chilly outside, but provided you wear the right gear, you should keep warm and dry in even the worst weather. Just before Christmas I visited Denmark in sub zero temperatures and had the opportunity to test out some thermal underwear I'd bought from Aldi, of all places. It was non-restrictive, comfortable, incredibly cheap and it worked really well! I don't know if Aldi are still selling thermals but the brand name is Crane and I can thoroughly recommend it. The following YouTube video has some sensible advice on kitting yourself out for walking in bad weather, although I believe mittens are warmer than gloves and there is no mention here of waterproof trousers.



Take your walking poles for extra stability and if it's really icy you could always invest in a pair of YakTrax!
Remember ladies, to protect your face with moisturiser and lip balm and then you're ready for anything the British climate can throw at us.

1 comment:

  1. Useful post Jenny. It's reminded me that I need to be better togged up for walking in Wales next week!

    ReplyDelete